News Archives - January 2007
- New Poll
- Posted by GLORYOFSPARTA on January 19, AD 2007 @ 10:03 AM
- Our first poll, asking "What are your initial impressions of Medieval 2: Total War?" is now closed, and judging by the result the game is a welcome addition in most people's PC game collections!
The Best Game Ever [918 votes]
Fantastic [1554 votes]
I Like it [667 votes]
Average [127 votes]
Forgettable [29 votes]
Urgh [31 votes]
I've ordered it but it hasn't arrived [152 votes]
I'm not getting it [86 votes]
Our next poll asks what you'd like to see more of, content-wise at M2TWH. Vote away!
- Withstanding Sieges
- Posted by yakcamkir on January 16, AD 2007 @ 11:54 AM
... is the title of our latest strategy article, submitted by Mebertus.
The primary implements in defending against a siege are castles. Hopefully, if you're defending, you'll be inside one, because they are far superior to cities for defense. That is why it is often smart to place your castles on the outside of your empire, and your cities within. This layered approach works well in the early game, when settlements can still be converted. That is one of the cases for an early quick advance.
First, when conducting the defense of a castle or city, it's important to know the strength and depth of your defenses. There are several methods of doing this. I suggest using your eyes, because clairvoyance is hard to learn.
It's a very in-depth article and well worth a read. See it here.
- January Create-a-Calendar Competition Winners announced: Congratulations Lacedemon!
- Posted by yakcamkir on January 8, AD 2007 @ 5:44 PM
So January's competition is over and the winner is Mariusz Kozik (aka Lacedemon) from Poland. Here is his excellent entry:
February's competition is currently underway, the closing date is January 31st. Entries should be sent to Medieval2TotalWar@yahoo.com.
Here is the fun part – we are giving YOU the opportunity to design each month’s themed image. There is no restriction on what kind of image you can submit, so feel free to capture screenshots, build models, take photos, dress up your friends, make ice sculptures, go to Medieval re-enactment days, or anything else that comes into your creative minds. You will have until the 31st January to work on your images, so take your time over them to be creative and original. The only thing we ask is that your image be themed around the featured calendar month - February. When coming up with ideas, you may wish to think about what national holidays and events are coming up (for example, Valentines Day). Also consider the weather for that time of year, and the ideas you associate with that given month.
- TWH Forums Logo Contest
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on January 4, AD 2007 @ 11:06 PM
- Total War Heaven is holding a contest! The winner will have his/her banner displayed on all the general TWH forums. The contest is open to anyone, and the winner will receive a genuine HeavenGames T-Shirt! Check here for the rules of the contest, and good luck!
- Spanish Faction Page is up!
- Posted by yakcamkir on January 4, AD 2007 @ 11:49 AM
The faction page for Spain is now up!
You can find the four pages done so far here.
- Two more Faction Introductions
- Posted by yakcamkir on January 3, AD 2007 @ 7:39 PM
Having sorted out a few coding problems with the faction pages, I've finally got on with adding some new information. I have now added introductions for the Byzantine Empire and the Turks as well as updating the gameplay section of the existing factions tot he new format. With any luck, gameplay pages for Spain, The Byzantine Empire and the Turks will come in the next week or so.
Check it out here.