News Archives - February 2007
- Brand New M2TW History Section Opens
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on February 27, AD 2007 @ 1:01 PM
- It is my great pleasure to be able to open the brand new M2TW History Section. This is where you will find articles relating to the period history featured in the game. We already have a few articles up and will be posting a few more soon.
You can find it here or on the funky updated navbar to the left.
Many thanks to Porphyrogenitus, Andrew Dunn and Archdruid for submitting articles already.
- M2TW Voted Best Australian Game
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 26, AD 2007 @ 6:58 PM
Medieval 2: Total War has been voted the Network Ten Australian Developed Game of 2006 by the Interactive Entertainment Association of Australia.
Congratulations to CA for this great achievement and may any future releases follow in its footsteps.
The full list of winners can be found here. Thanks to Marcus Orentius for the tip.
- Medieval II Update 2 Features List
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 22, AD 2007 @ 8:41 PM
- On the Total War Community Blog has been posted a features list for the next Medieval II Update.
We have received the features and fixes list for the forthcoming Medieval II Update overnight from Wikiman at CA Australia.
Primary features for Update 2:
1) The Launcher
2) Fully implemented Hotseat mode
3) Cinematic Editor
4) Battle Editor (now fully functional) - Mark O'Connell
In addition to the above, there is also a list of bug fixes and resolved issues.
Check it out here!
- Medieval Forum Party
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 16, AD 2007 @ 7:57 PM
- As mentioned in previous news articles, last weekend's forum party experienced a great response. Therefore, here is the followup - another weekend full of fun and games!
Make sure to check out the forum party thread to get the whole scoop!
- Another Faction Page Done!
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 13, AD 2007 @ 2:45 PM
I've added another faction page. Since we have four Catholic factions already, I decided it was time for a change.
Therefore, I present: The Byzantine Empire.
I've also added the King's Purse to the existing factions and neatened up the tables slightly.
- Please welcome...
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 13, AD 2007 @ 1:39 AM
- Gaius Colinius and D Furius Venator! Our newest staff members, highly deserving of their positions, come into our ranks filled with fresh ideas and a willingness to work. The cherubs are going to be jointly administrating the History section and will also serve as moderators for our History forum!
Please give them a great big welcome here! Don't forget the confetti!
- Downloads Survey
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 12, AD 2007 @ 12:37 PM
- HeavenGames has started a survey in regards to the Downloads section. The management began this survey because they would like to know what you think about the Downloads section. It's a simple survey - just answer 6 or so questions.
If you use the Downloads system, please check it out. You'll be helping HeavenGames by doing so!
- Forum Party Wrapup
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 11, AD 2007 @ 11:28 PM
- Today marks the end of the festivities across all Total War Heaven. As for our beloved Medieval 2 Heaven, it ended Saturday night, and I'm pleased to say it was a hit!
I participated, and in one specific battle, I was brutally slaughtered by forummer Dricus Frisii. He and many other forummers were present for several games. In total, we had at least a 600% increase in player number than our first forum party.
Did you miss out on the fun this weekend? Well, don't worry. We'll be holding a forum party again really soon. Be sure to check the site every day to see when the next one is!
Don't worry about your skill with the game. You can always defeat me.
- Gamespot Tournament
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 11, AD 2007 @ 11:20 PM
- Gamespot, massive presence on the internet in gaming, has uploaded a new video of their "City Under Siege" tournament. The battle depicted takes place on an exclusive map created by The Creative Assembly for the final round of the tournament.
You can download the video here or stream it directly from Gamespot by going here. Enjoy!
- Medieval Forum Party
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 8, AD 2007 @ 9:31 PM
- We're hosting our second forum party (hopefully beginning a more regular schedule). If you're interested in playing Medieval 2 with your friends from the forums, be sure to show up!
The date is February 10th. There are two times:
8 AM-1 PM EST (1-5 PM GMT)
9-whenever PM EST (1-whenever AM GMT)
Be sure to check out the party thread if you're new to parties!
Also, be sure to check our sister site if you're interested in playing Rome: Total War!
- Another new strategy article
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 8, AD 2007 @ 2:23 PM
Gaius Colinius has written an excellent article on the basics of battle strategy. It's easy to read and a great general summary of the fundamental concepts of the game. I'll also point out that in my newbie days, I made every single one of those mistakes.
Check out all of our strategy articles on the Strategy Main Page.
- A new strategy article!
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 6, AD 2007 @ 5:17 PM
I've been catching up on my inbox lately (exams getting in the way of the important things again) and therefore have a very good article from weisiguo entitled Cavalry Defence - Dynamic Sally Attack. It's a good read and a good strategy to minimise upkeep costs in campaign.
I can promise another article soon. Also, you might want to check out all of our current articles on the Strategy Page.
- Amendment to HG Moderation Policy
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 4, AD 2007 @ 3:27 PM
HG has made a change to moderation policy. According to Zen, we have:
Retired the parole system:
Members currently permanently banned with parole pending in the future will be eligible for parole; members permanently banned from now on will remain permanently banned. Parolees who incur an offense will be permanently banned.
Since this means less chances are available, I suggest everyone takes the time to re-read the Code of Conduct.
- Banner Contest Comes to a Close
- Posted by Crazed Ewok on February 1, AD 2007 @ 1:29 AM
- It's February 1st, and we're no longer accepting submissions for our Total War Heaven Logo Contest. We received many great entries and we'll soon be posting the winner.
If you submitted a logo, be sure to check back in the coming days, for you could win a cool HeavenGames T-shirt! Even if you didn't enter, be sure to come check out our forums to see the new logo!