News Archives - February 2008
- TWH Betas Page
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 27, AD 2008 @ 9:30 AM
I have put together a Betas page to show the beta versions of site features that I am working on, for several reasons:
- So you guys can get a look at what is going to happen before it is implemented across the site.
- So I can get feedback on issues with unusual browser/OS combinations.
- So we can consult the community on the eventual look of the site.
It should be noted firstly that I design everything in Firefox (the latest stable version), then make any necessary changes to make it work in Opera (usually none needed), Safari (the Windows Beta version) and IE7 (which is usually the annoying one). I will try to point out known and reported bugs to save the same thing being reported over and over again (please read the list) but I might have missed something, so please tell me about any problems not listed.
Also, if you have an objection to the look of a page then please tell me but also say what in your opinion should be done to improve it. If your feedback just say "that looks crap" then I will ignore it.
The page can be found here.
- Forum party XIII- Sunday 24th February
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on February 21, AD 2008 @ 6:42 PM
- It's time to get cracking on M2TW forum parties again. Myself, my faithful squire Panza and my trusty steed Rocinante will do battle with all comers in the multiplayer world of M2TW. Check the thread here for details on when the games are on and who is going.
- New Poll
- Posted by yakcamkir on February 21, AD 2008 @ 4:29 PM
Thanks for the feedback on forum parties. While there was a general preference for Saturday evening and night European time, there was a spread across the scale, so we'll try and very the times to suit as many people as possible.
The new poll asks what section of the site you consider the most important and can be found here.
- The siege to end all sieges?
- Posted by Kor on February 15, AD 2008 @ 8:06 PM
- One of the most well-known sieges of the Middle Ages now has its own article on Medieval II: Total War Heaven. The siege of Constantinople of 1453 was of such importance and impact, that it is often used as the closing date of the Middle Ages. But what actually happened? Our intrepid article writer, Legion of Hell, has researched it for us. You can read his article here.
- The clash of forums is near!
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on February 7, AD 2008 @ 12:16 PM
- Baske announces: "Battle of the Forums"!
It was a lonely day. Inside the Cherub Wagon, Zen, the divine lord and God of Heavengames turned on his computer. Everything was going fine until Zen realised something was missing. All the staff, as exemplary and *insert flattery here* as they were, were extremely predictable. This was also the case for the members. Zen then had a great idea to add variety to HG. He organised a giant party for a few members from each heaven, and sent in 3 of his most trusted staff with nice sharp
His plan was to assassinate the members, while he sat back and ate some popcorn. As the members realised this, they quickly gathered up their pointy sticks. The stage was set, and Zen ordered the killing to be conducted in a turn based civilised manner. What forum has the most cunning warriors? We're about to find out...
To sign up for this battle visit the thread in the forums.
- Lakota mod by kungfuserge
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on February 7, AD 2008 @ 11:53 AM
- kungfuserge has been working away on a mod of the Americas campaign in M2TW: Kingdoms. You can see some of his great work in our galleries here.
Now kungfuserge has got a new mod. In his own words:
I have created this mod for the Americas campaign specially to play Indian Wars in custom battles. It contains a complete modding of the Chichimec Tribe into a Northern American Native Tribe.
Visit the thread here to see some great looking screenshots. Here is my favourite one, which is of Zacateros Riders:
- Medieval II: Total War goes gold
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on February 6, AD 2008 @ 5:56 AM
- The gold edition featuring a double pack of M2TW and M2TW: Kingdoms has been released and is available in all good retailers now. If you've been waiting for a good bargain and a smashing game, make sure to put this on your wish list.
It's available online for €27.99 at play.com. Discuss it on our forums here.