News Archives - February 2009
- New Article: France - The Opening Moves
- Posted by Aftermath on February 16, AD 2009 @ 10:11 AM
- I have finished uploading my latest in the Opening Moves series of guides for our Strategy Section. This one deals with France, surrounded by potential enemies from the outset - you'll have to move fast to secure your borders and prepare for the potential for a war on all fronts. This guide deals with the quickest, most efficient method to secure your settlements and your Kingdom as a whole, leaving you in the best possible position for future expansion in any direction you want by the end of the article.
You can find the article in our Strategy Section here, or maybe you have hints and tips regarding a campaign as the French? Join us on the Forums to discuss the article!
- New Article: The Pros and Cons of Siege Equipment
- Posted by Aftermath on February 11, AD 2009 @ 5:49 AM
- Total War Heaven forum member Smileyman007 has written an excellent guide on the advantages and disadvantages of every battlefield constructed piece of siege equipment available in Medieval II Total War. The guide includes useful hints and pointers on how to maximize the effectiveness of Rams, Ladders and Siege Towers.
Check the article out in our strategy section here.
Want to check out other strategy guides we have? Browse our strategy articles section here.
- New history article on Poland!
- Posted by Kor on February 9, AD 2009 @ 5:21 PM
- A new article now graces our history section, dealing with Poland's medieval past. This article complements the wide array of history articles already in our collection, dealing with many disparate aspects of medieval history. From simple overviews of chronological, national history to expansive descriptions of battles, campaigns or individuals, the database contains a lot of interesting material. If you haven't been there yet, I highly recommend you do so now!
- Total War Mega Pack available on Steam
- Posted by Hussarknight on February 9, AD 2009 @ 10:05 AM
A quite interesting "Total War Mega Pack" is now available on Steam. It contains RTW Gold (i.e. it includes the original game and the Barbarian Invasion expansion pack), the Alexander expansion pack for RTW, Medieval 2: Total War, Medieval 2: Total War Kingdoms expansion and Empire: Total War as a pre-order, all in one package for 60 euros. That means you get a 50% discount, so it's an excellent chance to complete your Total War collection for a lot less then you'd normally pay.
This is the relevant page on Steam.