News Archives - December 2007
- New Faction Overview: Milan
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on December 29, AD 2007 @ 4:39 PM
- Sometimes a change is as good as a rest and it was well past time to work on completing the faction overviews for the vanilla Medieval 2: Total War Campaign. The latest faction overview covers Milan. Many players avoid this faction as their starting position looks desperate and the truth is that you will be fighting multiple enemies from the beginning but avoiding Milan means missing a very rewarding challenge with some great units like their powerful crossbowmen and city-recruitable heavy cavalry.
You can view the rest of the faction overviews here.
- Just out.....New Empire: Total War screens
- Posted by Mechstra on December 23, AD 2007 @ 6:08 PM
- We have 5 new electric pictures relating to Empire: Total War for you! One is a piece of concept art, and the other four are more naval battle screenshots, two of which show the prototype interface for naval battles. Check them out in our Gallery.
And here is a snapshot of my favourite of the new images:
- New Empire: Total War Q&A
- Posted by Mechstra on December 21, AD 2007 @ 4:24 PM
- A new Q&A for Empire: Total War has been published at the Total War Blog. It deals with naval combat in some detail, and a few tantalising snippets regarding India and how players will get there.
Many thanks to Primo for spotting this.
- M2TWH Toons Updated
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on December 17, AD 2007 @ 5:59 PM
- We've five great new toons to show off in our toons gallery. My favourite of the five is this one by Scud:
Here are the five toons that were submitted:
A day at the beach part I - Scud
A day at the beach part II - Scud
A famous face - Scud
Police chases in the Middle Ages - Scud
Feeling toasty? - EnemyofJupitor
If you have any toons you want to submit, then please send them to me by email.
- New Kingdoms Faction Overview: England
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on December 16, AD 2007 @ 7:21 PM
- The English campaign is one of the easier campaigns in the Britannia campaign if you are well briefed. To ensure that you know everything you need to know, head on over to our brand new English faction overview. You can also read any of the Kingdoms faction overviews at this page. We're always adding more so keep an eye in the news for new ones.
- New Job openings at HeavenGames
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on December 15, AD 2007 @ 8:55 AM
- With all of the changes at HeavenGames, several have opened up! A job at HeavenGames has great benefits in addition to the resume-building experience it offers, including:
- Assistance in job/internship placement in the gaming industry.
- Possible credit for those in university.
- Personal websites (clouds) for all staff at no charge.
- Possible access to game alphas/betas.
The current job openings are:
- Marketing/PR Department Head
- Art Department Head
- Graphics Designer
- Website Designer
- HG Main News Editor
Head to the help wanted page for detailed job descriptions and please contact the CEO at email@example.com if you're interested in any of these positions!
- Resignation of D Furius Venator
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on December 14, AD 2007 @ 11:29 AM
- Unfortunately real life can only be held at bay for so long and it's grasping fingers have claimed the cherubship of our history moderator & admin, D Furius Venator. Furius has been instrumental in maintaining the history section and very active in the TWH History forum as well as being a very popular forumer. Please thank him for his hard work & discuss the works of H.P. Lovecraft in this thread.
- Total War Now Available On Steam Worldwide
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on December 12, AD 2007 @ 12:46 PM
- Quite a few Heavengamers use the Steam content delivery service to play the likes of Team Fortress 2 & Half Life 2. We even have a Heavengames Community Group on Steam Communities where you can team up with your friends from the forums.
What is new is the news that Sega products such as Rome: Total War & Medieval 2: Total War, which were previously only downloadable by Steam's North American customers are now available to Steam gamers in Europe and most of the rest of the world. As the Steam news release says:
Sega and Valve today announce an agreement to deliver a lineup of new Sega titles to customers around the world via Steam, the leading online platform for PC games.
In addition to new line up games, Sega titles previously released on Steam to customers in North America, such as Medieval II and Rome Total War, are now available to Steam gamers in Europe and most of the world.
- Res Geste Imperia Is Seeking New Members
- Posted by SubRosa on December 11, AD 2007 @ 7:51 PM
Res Geste Imperia is a mod for Medieval Total War 2 that is seeking new members for their team, especially 3d modellers. The mod begins during the early birth of Rome, You will have fight off Raging Barbarians, Mighty Greeks and The Devastating Tribes of Gaul from a very early stage. With a small and untrained force, Rome's existence seems slim.
Res Geste Imperia will be a complete remake of The MTW2 game, converting it back to the year 284. This mod will consist of completely revamped units, Building, Campaign Maps, Interface and so much more.
To learn more about the mod, including where to go to join, start with their topic in the TWH Modding Forum
- Mod Apachean 1870 by Kungfuserge: New Gallery For User Mods on M2TWH
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on December 11, AD 2007 @ 5:26 PM
- Kungfuserge has been working away on an interesting little mod for the Americas campaign in Kingdoms. It aims to convert certain units for Spain into units based on the US-Indian wars. It's not meant to be historically accurate but rather fun to use. You can find out more about his mod (and the download) here. Do note that it is still a work in progress. As a little reward for Kungfuserge, we have given him a mini-gallery in our galleries section, which you can find here.
Here is one example of the work that has gone into the mod:
Please note that regular forum participation with regard to your modification is a minimum requirement to receive a gallery on M2TWH for your mod.
- HG Podcast
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on December 4, AD 2007 @ 5:13 PM
Atzy and Elpea have been hard at work in producing the first HG Podcast!
Featuring guest star Cheesewiz of WiCH, it covers the following-
What is World in Conflict?
What's going on at World in Conflict Heaven right now
Multiplayer in World in Conflict
Age of Empires III Mobile - Impressions
RTSs on Consoles
Age of Empires' 10th anniversary contest
Age of Empires in our lives
Comment here, and if you think that's good, there's a second in the works! Enjoy it.
- Pros and Cons of Siege Equipment
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on December 1, AD 2007 @ 5:08 AM
While surfing the forums, I came across a thread entitled "Pros and Cons of Siege equipment", posted by Zufios . Inside were some excellent thoughts by forumers, but one post by Smileyman007 stood out. Going extensively through each of the pieces of equipment available to commanders, he rounded off as follows-
Like all things in the Total War series, there is no one "best" way to win. There are strategies that work better than others--and some that don't work at all--but all good strategies can be effective if done properly. I'm not going to tell you the "best" way to win as there really is no cookie-cutter answer. But I will say that as long as you keep the pros and cons in mind and you have the right information about your enemy, you will likely be successful in your sieges. Tailor your use of rams, ladders, and siege towers to the situation and you will be victorious.
Join in the discussion, and let your thoughts be known on siege equipment!