News Archives - March 2008
- A Hidden Unit In M2TW
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on March 31, AD 2008 @ 7:26 PM
- We've received news of a unit that was hidden in the game files and never implemented. Thanks to some high level mod trickery, we've managed to implement it for custom battles. The unit is the Papal Maidens and there are triggers in the campaign which sees the unit given as a possible reward by the pope. They are super-strong (and female) archers with 2 HP as well as an AP missile attack. The pic below is of the unit in Danish colours.
Post in our forums and have your say on the new unit.
- A New Angel At Total War Heaven
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on March 31, AD 2008 @ 6:38 PM
- SubRosa has been an excellent staff member since she was promoted to Cherub and we're very proud to be able to upgrade her wings to Angel status. Do drop into our forums to offer congratulations in this thread.
- The Frontier Is Looking For New Members
- Posted by SubRosa on March 30, AD 2008 @ 5:46 PM
- The Frontier is a mod using M2TW Kingdoms that focuses on the New World, with all all new, super-sized map, new factions, units, you name it. They are looking for a coder and a modeller/skinner to lend some assistance.
If you are interested, or would like to know more, drop by their topic in the Game Modification Forum here.
- Our first ladder leader!
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on March 30, AD 2008 @ 5:42 AM
- M2TWH Ladder trial period is open!
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on March 28, AD 2008 @ 6:35 AM
Want to prove you're the best at M2TW at Total War Heaven?
Well, here's the chance you've been waiting for. A brand spanking new ladder has opened today for a trial period. If this trial is sucessful, and no major bugs are unearthed (I doubt we'll find any), the ladder will be released fully into the big bad world of the interweb.
Did I mention any points you get during this period will not be lost when the period is over? We're efffectivly giving you a head start!
Please, go here for further details. Good luck!
- New Toons in the Gallery
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on March 18, AD 2008 @ 7:23 PM
- We've been doing some tidying and the Toons Gallery is now to be found nested inside the Community Gallery. We have five great toons from Ichbinian for you to peruse. If you have any questions and want to know where to submit toons, then check this thread.
- Crusades Forum party XIV, Sunday 16th March
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on March 13, AD 2008 @ 4:52 PM
It seems in past forum parties, it has been all about vanilla, so this time we're going to blow the dust off our Kingdoms box and load up the Crusades for some eastern fun! At a slightly later time of 4:00pm EST, 8pm GMT, we'll due battle in the names of God and Allah. See here for more details.
May the most Pious and Righteous win!
- New Empire: Total War Screenshots
- Posted by Mechstra on March 11, AD 2008 @ 11:31 AM
- We have a great number of new Empire: Total War screenshots in our screenshot gallery.
These include concept art as well as three new screenshots of sea battles which look particularly lovely.
- New faction histories
- Posted by Kor on March 8, AD 2008 @ 2:28 PM
- Three new faction histories have been added to the site's content, dealing with the English, the Danes and the Welsh. Go to the faction overviews page to read the articles or discuss them in our history forum. Enjoy!
- Brand New Total War Heaven Multiplayer Events Email List
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on March 7, AD 2008 @ 9:44 AM
- Thanks to Zen, we've set up a brand new email list so folks can keep informed about forum parties and other multiplayer events by email as well as the forums.
There's no need to worry about spam or email harvesting as only mods can post to the list and email addresses are not viewable to non-mods. We also promise to keep the number of emails to a minimum.
It's very easy to subscribe/unsubscribe and you can do it by visiting the email list page here.
- Another New Poll
- Posted by yakcamkir on March 4, AD 2008 @ 6:50 PM
Yes, another poll, this time asking what part of the site can be most improved.
It can be found here.
- Beta version of new forum navbar up and running
- Posted by yakcamkir on March 4, AD 2008 @ 6:39 PM
I have finally got the "full" beta version the new TWH Navbar up and running in all browsers. I'd be grateful to receive feedback on it if anyone finds any bugs.
It can be found in The TWH Public Betas Page.
- SOLO: Essays and Commentary on the Art of the Single Player Game" Debuts at HeavenGames!
- Posted by Scotty the Fallen on March 3, AD 2008 @ 2:54 AM
"SOLO: Essays and Commentary on the Art of the Single Player Game" debuts at HeavenGames! This new, semi-regular column on the art and theory of designing single player games will highlight important issues in the development of games, asking challenging questions about the nature of gaming, whether games will ever meet the criteria for art, and offering practical pointers on how the best single player experiences are created by designers.
SOLO is written by Gordon Farrell, a long-time professional designer of single player campaigns for AAA games such as Empire Earth and Empires: Dawn of the Modern World. In addition, he has worked on strategy titles such as Caesar IV, Children of the Nile and BreakAway Games' Middle Eastern city builder, Arabian Lords. He is currently Lead Writer for Reverie World Studios' first game, Dawn of Fantasy, due for release in Fall 2008.
HGS regulars will recognize Gordon's work as a staple of our downloadsections, from games as diverse as Age of Empires and Caesar 3, to both Stronghold 1, Stronghold 2 and Age of Kings. In addition to his HGS mods, he has highly-rated Civilization 4 mods uploaded at CivFanatics as well.
Gordon is on the faculty of New York University, where he teaches narrative theory for video games, theory of screenwriting, and advanced studies in dramatic art. He also lectures at Marymount Manhattan College in video games, script analysis, and theatre history. In 2002, Prima Games published his essay, "The Theory of Scenario Design." His extensive professional and academic experience promises an exciting column filled with commentary on the art of games that will be both controversial and thought-provoking.
- New M2TW: Kingdoms Patch Info!
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on March 1, AD 2008 @ 6:22 AM
After a period without any news on the Kingdoms patch, this post from SenseiTW sheds some light on how close we are-
The latest news on the Kingdoms Update is that CA Oz has just submitted the release candidate to SEGA to begin their own phase of testing. If all continues to go well (which we hope it will), we can then start planning for its release.
Rest assured that we have made every effort to address as many issues as possible, and taken the time needed to ensure it was done properly.
Discuss it here. Special thanks to Scipii for the heads-up!