News Archives - April 2007
- Ultimate Writer Competiton Round 1 Results - Congratulations Kor!
- Posted by yakcamkir on April 30, AD 2007 @ 8:04 PM
Yes, I've finally got round to putting the results up, they can be found here, along with the details for Round 3, which will end at the end of May.
If you're still busy putting the finishing touches to an article for Round 2 then I'll take a day or two to get them all uploaded anyway, so I'll still accept it if it's a little late (I'm not like the teachers that won't accept any piece of work that's handed in more than one second late :P ).
- Update to TotalWar blog and info on TW: Kingdoms units
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 27, AD 2007 @ 8:30 PM
- Total War have released information on some of the new units we can expect to see in TW: Kingdoms. Start looking forward to Calivermen (an Irish gunner unit), Canons of the Holy Sepulchre, Burgher Pikemen, Ceitherne (Irish warbands) and the Constable of Jerusalem (a potentially awesome Crusader cavalry unit). View them here.
The total war blog has been updated with a Q & A for both Kingdoms and the eagerly awaited patch. You can read it here. Some snippets to look forward to:
-Boiling oil is back
-Some of the expansion units will also be available in the vanilla campaign. Will the Byzantines be getting flamethrower units I wonder?
-CA have confirmed that the two handed unit bug will be fixed in patch 1.2 as well as future releases
-Kingdoms will be very modder friendly
- Tannenburg & Medieval Architecture
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 23, AD 2007 @ 3:23 PM
- It's a new week and we have two new articles from Sir Dracko and Legio Low. Sir Dracko chose to write about the legendary battle of Tannenburg. Read all about it here and Legio Yow wrote a very unique article on Medieval Architecture.
Thanks for the great submissions guys. Apologies for the delay Sir Dracko as it took a while to get the non-standard characters to work.
- Two New Interviews About M2TW: Kingdoms
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 18, AD 2007 @ 4:04 PM
- There are two very interesting online interviews giving lots of information what we can look forward to in M2TW: Kingdoms. You can read them here and here. We're discussing these interviews in our forums right now.
- M2TWH Forum Party VI - Take 2
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 12, AD 2007 @ 10:46 AM
- After the last party didn't happen thanks to GameSpy connection issues we'll be trying again
Check out the times and let us know if you'll be there in the forum party VI thread.
- New Medieval II: Kingdoms FAQ
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 11, AD 2007 @ 4:17 PM
- There's a new Medieval II: Kingdoms FAQ for those who want to know more about the game. We'll be updating it as we find out more. Don't forget to let us know about any news you might hear and we'll stick it up here and add it to the FAQ.
There are also some previews of the expansion with screenshots from IGN, GameSpy and GameSpot.
- Hordes of articles in our history section.
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 10, AD 2007 @ 4:14 PM
- The M2TWH history section has been invaded by a horde of articles and unlike the Mongol hordes, these are very welcome. Bloodswan has submitted no less than 5 articles on...big breath...a faction history of the Timurids, a look at Vlad Tepes, better known as Vlad the Impaler and three battles involving invaders from the east and Psycho Dan has submitted one on the 3rd Crusade which is the famous Richard the Lionheart - Saladin crusade for those who were not paying attention in history class.
The third crusade article is available here.
The faction history of the Timurids is available here.
You can read about the battle of Ain Jalut here.
You can read about the battle of Kalka River here.
You can read about the Sack of Kiev and satisfy your bloodthirsty needs here.
Learn more about Vlad the Impaler here.
- TotalWar Myspace
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 6, AD 2007 @ 1:33 PM
- For all you Myspacers out there, TotalWar have an official profile and there's a chance for getting exclusive content. You can find their profile here
- More information on TW Kingdoms Hero abilities
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 6, AD 2007 @ 1:00 PM
- There's a blog on www.totalwar.com where they give an insight into what the new Hero & Special Abilities will be like. You can discuss it in our brand new TW: Kingdoms forum here
- Total War Kingdoms Preview
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on April 3, AD 2007 @ 4:27 PM
- If you're looking for information on the new expansion announced by the Collective Assembly then look no further than this preview page.
Hotseat multiplayer mode!!! *faints*
- Ultimate Writer Competition - Round 2
- Posted by yakcamkir on April 2, AD 2007 @ 1:21 PM
Round 1 will be marked as soon as possible.