News Archives - May 2007
- Another Faction Profile!
- Posted by yakcamkir on May 26, AD 2007 @ 2:28 PM
- There's something clinking in the attic
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on May 21, AD 2007 @ 3:56 PM
- It is in fact a brand new article from SirDracko giving a decent overview of Medieval Armour and it's development over time.
Kor felt unable to sleep at night knowing that his article submitted for the writing comp was only 97% right so he updated it and sent the fruit of his labours to us. You can find the updated article here.
Thanks again guys for those great submissions.
- Ultimate Writer Competition Round 2: Congratulations Psycho Dan!
- Posted by yakcamkir on May 18, AD 2007 @ 4:07 PM
Congratulations to Psycho Dan who has won the second round of the Ultimate Writer Competition and now has the overall lead by a whopping 13 points.
1. Psycho Dan - 32
2. Kor - 19
=3. EnemyofJupitor - 15
=3. Bloodswan - 15
=5. misplacedgeneral - 12
=5. Sir Were - 12
For full details of Round 2 as well as information on Round 3, click here. Round 3 is M2:TW-themed War Story, so get your literary hats on and show us what you can do!
- The Massive Kingdoms Update
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on May 16, AD 2007 @ 7:47 PM
- There's a brand new blog and video available on IGN. Look down the bottom for the blog and video.
TotalWar.com have updated their units profile with a few new units. Look out for Spanish Dragoons and Dievas Guard.
Here is what they had to say about Spanish Dragoons:
Spanish Dragoons are a powerful force to be reckoned with in the new world. Equipped with lighter more easily used muskets than Musketeers, these men ride into battle on trained cavalry which are not scared by the loud reports of their masters firearms. Armed with a steel breastplate for protection, these men are a boon to Spanish hopes of total conquest of the new world.
There are also a number of new screenshots for you to drool over. Be warned that these files are big. Dial-up users beware.
According to Gaming Target, we can expect 9 new agent units as well.
As usual, Wiki have a page giving a quick overview of the expansion.
That PC Blog have a preview of the game with more screenies to get excited about.
- M2TWH Forum Party VII: 20th May
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on May 16, AD 2007 @ 7:17 PM
- Now that patch 1.2 is out, the walking wounded are fully patched up, bug free and ready for combat. All troops, please be present for inspection at the times specified in the forum party VI thread.
Any queries can be asked in the thread or to me directly.
- Heavengames 10th Birthday Tomorrow (15th May)
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on May 14, AD 2007 @ 1:43 PM
- That's right, our wee little online community will be washing his dirty knees, combing his hair, putting on his best pants and having a little party on the forums of the oldest still-open Heaven on Heavengames, Age of Empires Heaven.
There is a very simple ground rule:
One post per person, where you can wish everyone well and maybe say a little about what HG has meant to you over the years, so make sure you say all you want to in that. Do not abuse this rule under any circumstances whatsoever. You may, however, edit your post if you think of anything to add.
And it is only open for 24 hours so it might be an idea to type your post in advance.
You can find this awesome party thread here.
- Saladin is at the gates!
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on May 8, AD 2007 @ 5:06 PM
- ccsantos has submitted a great article on Saladin and his jihad to the history section. You can read all about it here.
- The Second Patch...
- Posted by D Furius Venator on May 4, AD 2007 @ 11:10 AM
- Is here. Hoorah! Thanks to RobertSquared for spotting it.
It will take a considerable time to download for most folk. Up to 3 hours for 512K ASDL connections, 5 and a half for those on 256K ASDL. The lucky ones with superfast connections will wait a mere 45 minutes.
Be patient, it'll be worth it in the end!
Some folk seem to be having problems getting the patch to work. It is well worth saving the patch onto your computer to avoid having to go through the lengthy download procedure. If you want to be certain of avoiding crash on startup, then uninstall MTW2, reinstall and then run the 1.2 patch.