News Archives - June 2010
- Please welcome Edorix to TWH staff
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on June 23, AD 2010 @ 5:05 PM
- Terikel has been manfully holding the fort for RTW coverage but now it's time to bring forth a new champion to aid him.
Ladies & gentlemen
I give you cherub Edorix. Please visit this thread to offer him your congratulations.
- New screenshots for Shogun 2: Total War
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on June 15, AD 2010 @ 5:41 PM
- CA have released 8 screenshots for Shogun 2: Total War on their website. Some show artwork but others show actual gameplay. I love the night battle shot. To see these shots, go here to our new forum dedicated to discussing Shogun 2: Total War!
- Shogun 2: Total War is next Total War game
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on June 2, AD 2010 @ 7:28 PM
- We've received a lot of hints and finally all the rumours have been confirmed, Shogun 2: Total War is the latest foal from the CA stable.
Loads more info here.
Quick bullet points on what new features we can expect:
-Smaller unit roster than ETW but units upgrade over time.
-You chose which upgrades generals get as they develop.
-Hero units. These sound similar to the Sword Saint units from the original Shogun: Total War expansion, The Mongol Invasion.
What else would ye like to see? Discuss here.
- Mysterious twitterings from CA
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on June 1, AD 2010 @ 6:15 AM
Oh, and following on from that last one, Hussarknight had had a lookie at the CA Twitter page, and saw a Haiku.
"In Spring it roams not. / Maybe eastern sun rises / Nor will it show guns
It's odd, isn't it? And the latest post (at time of writing) reads "It doesn't end at Zero".
- New Total War Game- hints around the interwebs?
- Posted by EnemyofJupitor on June 1, AD 2010 @ 6:01 AM
Hoo boy. We're getting closer to E3, and there's clues popping up around the net as to what the new Total War game will be. Punic Hoplite found a picture posted on the Creative Assembly's Twitter showing a rather odd collection of weapons, make of it what you will, but Count Mummolus comes bursting in with this video.
It mentions the word "Shogun" near the start, and even has it in the URL. And that's Japanese calligraphy, folks, according to my reliable sources at Wikipedia. Are you thinking what we're thinking on the forums? Tell us :)