News Archives - July 2007
- The Samurai are at the Gates
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on July 31, AD 2007 @ 11:15 AM
- Bloodswan has been busy typing and there's a companion piece to his previous article on Mongol Weapons which is an article all about the varied & mysterious world of Samurai-Era Japanese Weapons.
- Two new history articles
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on July 28, AD 2007 @ 7:51 AM
- Bloodswan has sent in an article on Mongol Weapons complete with pictures for illustration. It's very good and I learned a good bit about bows from reading it. You can find it here.
Santos I wrote an article on Tolerance, Intolerance, and Persecution for college and was kind enough to also submit it for the perusal of the TWH history professors too. It touches on Christianity, Islam and even Buddisism. You can read it here.
- HeavenGames Appoints Sergio Prado as new CEO
- Posted by yakcamkir on July 27, AD 2007 @ 8:31 AM
LOMBARD, IL - HeavenGames LLC, an internet leader in strategy fansites, today announced it has appointed Sergio "Socvazius" Prado to the position of Chief Executive Officer, effective July 28, 2007. Mr. Prado, a driven executive with considerable experience in the gaming industry, has worked at HeavenGames for 7 years in addition to Vivendi Universal's brand marketing department. He currently is a college junior at Harvard University.
Prior to this appointment at HeavenGames, Mr. Prado served as the company's Chief Content Officer on the executive board, ensuring the professional quality of content present across the network. He also headed six of its sites: for Age of Empires III, Age of Mythology, Age of Kings, Age of Empires, Rome: Total War, and Cossacks. During his employ at Vivendi Universal, Mr. Prado worked to market World in Conflict and Empire Earth III, two of the biggest strategy titles of 2007.
Tom Mescher, the exiting CEO, served as HeavenGames' leader since its incorporation in October of 2000. He is moving on to continue his career in the IT industry.
ABOUT HEAVENGAMES, LLC
HeavenGames LLC (www.heavengames.com), based in Lombard, Illinois, is a privately owned web-content publisher geared towards the creation of special-interest sites for Real-Time Strategy and City-Builder games. Its sites, content, vast amounts of resources, as well as a dedicated staff & management team make HeavenGames' sites recognized by developers and press alike as one of the premier destinations for gamers worldwide.
Bow down before him! :-P
- Preview of M2TW: Kingdoms
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on July 18, AD 2007 @ 3:06 PM
- There's a first look at the brand new Kingdoms expansion on Eurogamer. The previewer doesn't have a bad word to say about it and there's a lot to look forward to. Lucky sod. Playing Kingdoms for a job.....
Thanks to Andrew Dunn for passing on the link.
- M2TW Kingdoms Update
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on July 17, AD 2007 @ 11:09 AM
- There have been a few updates in the Units Preview section of the Total War website.
The new units are:
Khassaki - elite cavalry units belonging to the Egyptians (I think).
Mounted Apaches - an Apache horse archer unit.
Priests of Quetzalcoatl - these chubby looking fellows are fearsome warriors and it's more than likely that they'll either inspire friendly troops or frighten enemy troops similar to druids from RTW.
There's also a CVG interview with designer Dan Toose and senior programmer Dan Glastonbury from Creative Assembly Australia, where they reflect back on Medieval II: Total War and whats to come in the Kingdoms expansion. You can read that here.
- THE INAUGURAL M2TWH TOURNAMENT
- Posted by Gaius Colinius on July 3, AD 2007 @ 9:15 AM
- We're having a M2TW tournament this weekend. It'll be on Sunday 8th July and you can find out all about it and register in this thread.
We're hoping that it will be a good chance for M2TW players to test their skills in a competitive yet friendly atmosphere ahead of the upcoming ladder. You don't need to be a "brilliant" player to come along and enjoy a few games in good company. Everything will be organised for ye. All ye need to do is play!