News Archives - October 2010
- Shogun 2 at Eurogamer Expo
- Posted by Hussarknight on October 10, AD 2010 @ 4:19 AM
Recently at the Eurogamer Expo Mike Simpson, creative director for Shogun 2: Total War held a 40-minute presentation about the game. Part 1 contains little news, but parts 2 and 3 are more interesting with new gameplay footage of the campaign map, including the tech tree and the family tree. Mike also seems to hint at battlefield ninja's making their return and at some form of modding support coming in the future.
Feel free to share your thoughts in this topic. Big thanks to Scipii for the heads-up!
- BattleAxe Mod Released for Kingdoms!
- Posted by Mythic_Commodore on October 2, AD 2010 @ 10:34 PM
- The BattleAxe mod has recently been released for Medieval II Total War: Kingdoms. This mod forgoes hyper-detailed skins and labyrinthine trait systems to focus on the gameplay - and what a result it gets from the new focus. Casual gamers will delight in the removal of diplomacy and complex interactions between agents that allow you to focus on the War in Total War. 10 new factions, including the Hafsids and the Swedish, along with a host of new units and a whopping total of 13 campaign maps sweeten the deal. Best of all, the mod is lightweight, clocking in at under a 300 MB download with some truly snappy load times. The official thread can be found here. Happy warring!