You'll find guide to various aspects of modifying Medieval II: Total War here.
- Primo made a guide to installing patch 1.2 and using the unpacker.
- Gaius Colinius had the dubious pleasure of using Vista and thanks to
Foamy, he was able to get around the problems caused by the Medieval 2: Total War unpacker
sending the unpacked files into a hidden folder, known as the "Virtual Store".
- Mythic_Commodore takes us through the process of replacing the generic movie background with a newer, cleaner background.
- Mythic_Commodore takes us through the export_descr_units.txt (EDU) file.
- As a follow up to his previous article on the export_descr_units.txt file (EDU) Mythic_Commodore now
shows us how to create new units. It's very detailed and yet very readable. All wannabe modders need to stop by here!
- Mythic_Commodore takes us through the export_descr_buildings.txt (EDB) file.
- Mythic_Commodore previously took us through the EDB file and now he shows us how to create new buildings.
Modifying the AI
- CavalryCmdr wrote an exhaustive guide to modifying the game AI on our forums and it was high time
that it got much deserved exposure on our main site as well.
We're currently building up our database on game modification articles and hope to expand this section. If you have articles or tutorials you'd like to see here send them to Gaius Colinius. Only quality tutorials will be accepted.
Click here to return to the Modifications Portal Home.