How to Make a Better Movie Background
The movie background with the soldiers marching looks boring after some time. Luckily, the game comes with a never-before-seen movie (a promo movie that was included with the demo) that works well as a background. You can put this in in just a few easy steps.
- Download and install the RAD video tools, found here.
- Navigate to the folder where you installed the RAD Video tools and double-click on the radvideo.exe file.
- Browse to your Medieval II Total War folder.
- Then enter the "data" folder.
- Enter the "fmv" folder.
- Click on the demo_mtw2_campaign.bik file.
- Click "Mix in sound" (It's one of the buttons at the bottom of the window).
- In the "Sound file to mix" box, enter "-" (without quotes).
- In the "Output file info" box, browse to your Medieval II Total War/data/fmv/menu folder and select the Dump0000.bik file. BE SURE TO MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE BEFORE PROCEEDING!
- Click the "Mix" button.
- Enjoy your new background!
Of course, if you know what you are doing, these steps can be modified to make any movie into a Medieval II video background.