How do I join?
To be able to play on the ladder you need to be signed up on the forums. You can sign up for the forums here. After you’ve signed up you’ll need to sign up to the ladder by posting your forum username, GamespyID and your e-mail address in the
signup thread. Your online gamespy id must bear some relation to your forum username.
How do I play?
After you’ve activated your ladder account you can find other people who’ve signed up on the ladder to play. By viewing their profiles you’ll get any contact information they have. If they have none we advise posting in
The Challenge Thread. You’ll always find someone interested in playing you. Sometimes going into the Chat Lobby or Competitive rooms and hosting a game entitled ‘TWH Ladder Game’ will get you a game as well. When you do that we advise making the password twhladder to avoid people who have not signed up at M2TWH. Also note that before you begin a game you should specify that it is indeed a ladder game.
The winner of a game will post the results in the Ladder thread by posting a screenshot of the final result here. If the screenshot cannot be taken for whatever reason, both participating players posting in the thread is acceptable. Results are based on the honor system. Should it come out that you’ve been cheating you will be banned from the ladder. We sincerely hope that we’ll never need to ban someone for making up results. If there is a disagreement of any sort please post it in this thread and we will attempt to resolve it. If, over time it seems that you are at the root of multiple disagreements and are not being a good sportsperson you may also be banned from the ladder.
A Rules Summary
- Before the game begins you must specify that it is indeed a ladder game. Game rules such as money and unit spam limits are left up to the individuals playing to determine.
- Trust is assumed! Submitting a screenshot is required as it will prevent disputes. Screenshots must be in JPG, PNG, or GIF formats. Anyone caught lying or cheating will automatically be removed from the ladder.
- Submitted screenshots must have your forum name clearly visible. Many people use names that have no relation to their forum identity whatsoever, and we cannot keep track of such things. Any screenshots submitted without clear indication of the participants (forum name used as game name) will be deleted along with the accompanying game.
- Disconnections: If you disconnect you will forfeit the game. This may sound harsh but too many arguments can arise from disconnections. If a player disconnects before or during the army arrangement stage the game does not count against them but he/she should come back to the lobby as soon as he can.
- Desynchronized Games: If the game becomes desynchronized, please post in this thread and we will try to resolve it. There is no standard routine for dealing with desynchronization, since the circumstances are nearly always different.
- Smurfing will not be tolerated.
- All wins must be reported to this thread within a 24 hour period. If there are any disputes, they should also be posted here within the same 24 hour period.
- You cannot play the same person twice within a 24 hour period.
- As some players may wish to avoid other players in order to “conserve” their rating, the ladder administrator reserves the right to compel any two players to play each other within a specified time period. The ladder administrator’s word is final and penalties for refusing to play another ladder player when compelled by the ladder administrator can extend to removal from the ladder or resetting back to the base level of 1600 points.
- Attempts to distort the spirit of this ladder (such as through being involved in multiple disputes about who won, smurfing, etc) can result in being removed from the ladder or otherwise penalized.
- If a player’s forum account is banned for whatever reason, the player may not partake in the ladder until their forum account is unbanned.
- Finally, both M2TW Vanilla and Kingdoms games may be submitted to the ladder.
- As ladder moderator, I reserve the right to add, remove, or otherwise modify the rules if required to maintain the integrity of the ladder. All changes to the rules will be announced in the main ladder thread prior to coming into effect.
Suggestions and Bug Reporting
If you have a suggestion for a feature that could be added to the ladder post here and if it’s a good one chances are it may be implemented. Email me at EnemyofJupitor and I will look into it.